spilling ethos

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

hidden

not good enough. nope. negative.
start over. don't look back. begin again.
you haven't found the exact place yet.

so where do i look if i can't look back?

close your eyes and reach forward. arms swaying from left to right, then left again.
grasping for something hidden in the dark. i feel a sense of someone watching my fumbling towards nothing or something. i want to open my eyes but love the anticipation. i'm almost there. i pull my arms in close fearing the object ahead. i feel the return of my breath against something solid. quietly i stand, with eyes closed, i gently lift my hand to measure the distance ahead. i'm closer than i thought. should i open my eyes? i'm afraid of what might be expected if i see what is in front of me.








1 comment:

L.K. Moore said...

i like the thought of "feeling return breath against something solid."